Multi-tasking? Nah, that’s not my thing.

24 Jul

With Jordan gone to San Diego, I ended up going to bed at 9:45pm last night due to the shear fact that did not know what to do with myself. That’s sad. Isn’t that supposed to happen when you hit your 40’s? Needless to say, I am WIDE awake right now with the same problem. I’ve just discovered that I am not capable of blogging while listening to music. It appears my brain is lacking in the “multi-tasking” department. Sadly, I am now at an age where I am not compatible with the latest updates. Alas!

I stumbled out the back door this morning with Denny leading the way to his usual spot to do his morning business when we ran into a friend: Mr. Cock A. Roach. Denny was so excited to see him, that he swooped in to give him some love in the form of rubbing his head up against the roach’s. The poor roach didn’t stand a chance…Denny killed him with kindness.

Day Two of having the kids at work with me passed by almost painlessly. *smirk* They were much more calm today, which was nice. They turned the playroom, a.k.a. Jennifer’s old office, into their school room and pretend to be at school. (Crazy, right?) There is a large dry erase board in the playroom and they were dying to cover it in art. I relented and let them use the colorful dry erase markers that I keep in my desk. I don’t know if any of you have peeked into my desk drawers, but I like to keep them well organized. (Ok, I’m ever so slightly OCD about my desk) It was a huge step to let the kids borrow the markers, since I keep them in order from the lightest to darkest shade. (Hey, we all have our quirks) After about 30 minutes of nothing but silence emanating from the playroom, I got scared and went to check on them. No wonder they were quiet, there were enough dry erase fumes floating about in the room to kill off brain cells by the masses. I could almost hear their screams. So, I cut my way through the noxious cloud of marker exhaust, rounded up the markers and tucked them neatly into my desk once more.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday. We fixed our plates and headed to the back patio. Check out those PB&J’s. Fisher felt the best way to express his pleasure over eating outside was to bite his sandwich into the shape of a smile. :D

Check this out. Watching Fisher eat is like watching a train wreck: painful to see, but you can’t seem to tear your eyes away from it. Sometimes I wonder how he gets so much food on his face…now I know.

…and here’s the results of his peculiar eating technique. Go ahead, click on it. It is best appreciated up close. (Also, I’m pretty sure that there’s a mosquito on his forehead. Poor mosquito…it didn’t know what it was getting into)

Jaden, on the other hand, made it through the meal unscathed. (Though I believe there’s still some sandwhich hidden behind those cheeks)

Once again, we headed over to my mom’s for supper for the most awesome supper of all…breakfast! There are few meals I could enjoy more at night than breakfast. *slurp* Though, this is the one meal that you can’t really fix a dessert for. No matter, we busted out the ice cream without any reservations. Mmm…bacon and moose tracks…a match made in heaven. Much to my chagrin, Denny finished off the left over scrambled eggs in an impressive 3.7 seconds. I’m pretty sure that’s a new record. I can only wait in fear to see what kind of effect that will have on his stomach.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: